Moving to Denver, CO? Here’s What You Should Know Before You Book Your Denver Movers
Posted Nov 17th 2022
Moving to Denver, CO? Here’s What You Should Know Before You Move
As one of the U.S.’s fastest-growing cities located in the heart of the Rocky Mountain Region, Denver is a location many gravitate to. In fact, the Metro Denver region has experienced a 1.3% population growth rate every year since 2010. It’s also considered one of the top regions in the country for millennials.
We at Bailey’s Moving & Storage believe in the magic of the Mile High City. That’s why we pride ourselves on having been Denver’s favorite full-service movers for over 70 years. We’ve got a long history of providing exceptional moving services to our Denver-area customers. We know every street, every turn, and every neighborhood in this beloved city.
More About Living in Denver, CO
Why have so many been moving to the Mile High City? Well, beyond its breathtaking views and lively population, it’s a great place to start a career and get an education. According to the 2021 U.S. Census, Colorado is the nation’s second-most highly educated state. Additionally, CNBC reported in 2021 that it ranks No. 2 for most-valued workforce. By 2022, Colorado reach No. 1 in CNBC’s rankings.
Denver Offers Limitless Outdoor Fun
Not only is Denver exactly 30 minutes from Rocky Mountain National Park, but it specializes in offering year-round outdoor activities for all to enjoy. In the summertime you can relax while tubing down the St. Vrain River, and in the winter, you can skate beneath the city lights at the Downtown Denver Rink. Additionally, you can take a scenic drive in the spring to watch the wildflowers bloom and pick a pumpkin or two at Rock Creek Farm in the fall. On top of all that, as of 2020, Colorado is home to 6 of the top 10 ski resorts in the nation.
You’re never too far from breathtaking views and family-friendly fun when you’re in Denver. That's part of why so many have moved to Denver and its surrounding areas in increasing numbers over the last decade.
There’s So Much to See in Metro Denver
In addition to breathing in the great outdoors, maybe you’re finding yourself wanting to enjoy the downtown experience in Denver. The Metro Denver area is teeming with activities that you can continually explore for months on end. From the shopping at Larimer Square to the hustle & bustle of Union Station, there’s always something new to discover downtown.
At Bailey's Moving & Storage, we service quite a few local moves for customers looking to move in or out of the Downtown Denver area. With so much to do and see, we love helping our customers with their Denver moves.
The Weather is Unbeatable
Denver, CO is well known for its unbeatable weather patterns. The area does completely experience the four seasons, but it’s accompanied by mild temperatures and nearly 300 days of sunshine. Even in the snowy winter months, people can enjoy unclouded sunshine as they dutifully scrape the ice off their windshields.
The Cost of Living Is Higher Than Surrounding Areas
Bailey’s Moving & Storage has locations in both Colorado Springs and Grand Junction, which are cities located outside the Denver Metro area. Both cities have a lower cost of living than Denver. They’re less populated and the housing market isn’t as competitive.
That’s not to say there aren’t many desirable attributes to Denver, but if you’re looking to book a move to Denver, CO, keep in mind that the cost of living is higher in the downtown Denver metro area than surrounding locations.
About Bailey’s Moving & Storage’s Moving Services
Considering a move to Denver, CO? We provide the following services to our Denver-area customers and beyond:
- Local moving: Our full-service moving crews transport your household goods from one local location to the next. We take care of all the loading and unloading; the hardest part is picking up the phone to schedule your initial walkthrough.
- Long-distance moving: Are you looking to make the move into Denver, CO or out of Denver to a new state? Allow us to alleviate some of the stress that interstate moving can cause. As an Agent of Allied, we make long-distance moving our specialty.
- Commercial moving: Allow us to assist you and your company through your upcoming office move. We work with IT professionals and office staff to efficiently transition your business from one office to another.
- Packing services: Our moving crews do more than just transport household goods. They’re also experts in packing your items before loading day. We offer professional packing services to customers who could use the extra help.
- Storage options: We offer our customers both long-term and short-term storage within our climate-controlled, secure warehouses in Colorado and Utah. We bill storage alongside your move, making the process simple and easy.
- Specialty furniture moving: Need help moving an antique or much-beloved piece of furniture? We train our crews to transport any type of household goods efficiently and safely.
We’re Here to Help You Move to Denver, CO
We believe in providing our Denver, CO customers with the moving services they need without any hidden fees. We guarantee that our professional full-service movers will accomplish whatever you need for your upcoming Denver move. We don’t sacrifice quality and stay in touch through every step of the process. We like to make moving less stressful.