File a Claim

Even the best sometimes fall short...

We know that sometimes, things break. Even though we boast one of the best claims records in the industry, sometimes our customers need to fill out a claim form. Before you do, there are a couple of things you should know:

  1. Our claims process is regulated by federal law - submitting a moving claim is not like returning an item to a store, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulates the entire claims-handling process. From the valuation types offered, to the time you have to file a claim, to what information you need to provide - it's all regulated. We'll work to get you through the process as quickly and efficiently as possible.

  2. Our liability level was determined by you when you booked - This is another part of federal regulation. We offered you two different types of protection, and the option you chose determines our amount of liability. Here's the quote directly from the FMCSA: "Your mover is liable for the value of the goods you ask them to transport. There are, however, different levels of liability. The level you choose will determine the type and amount of reimbursement you will receive if an item is lost or damaged. Be aware of the various types of protection available and the charges for each option. The two different levels of liability movers are required to provide are explained below and in Your Rights and Responsibilities When You Move, a booklet movers are required by Federal regulations to provide to interstate moving customers. Be sure to read this information carefully and follow the instructions provided to declare a value on your shipment."

  3. Please don't limit your own liability - The law also limits what we can cover you on, for example if you do one of the following, our liability may be limited:

    • Packing perishable, dangerous or hazardous materials in your household goods without your mover's knowledge.

    • Packing your own boxes. You may consider packing your own household goods articles to reduce your costs, but if the articles you pack are damaged, it may be more difficult to establish your claim against the mover for the boxes you pack.

    • Choosing Released Value coverage when your household goods are valued at more than 60 cents per pound per article.

    • Failing to notify your mover in writing about articles of extraordinary value.

    • Failing to report loss and damage promptly.

      • For interstate (long distance) moves, you only have  NINE MONTHS from the date of delivery to complete and send this form to our office.

      • For local or permanent storage moves, you only have  NINETY DAYS to notify us of a claim and FOUR MONTHS from the date of delivery to complete and send this form to our office. The carrier must receive the claim form within the stated filing period.

With all of that in order, don't worry. We'll help you get your repair or replacement as soon as possible. To start, hit the button below to start our claims form: